Tuesday, March 7, 2017

Absence!

Apologies to the (maybe) six of you who read this blog that is still in its infancy. The past weekend was spent at Emerald City Comicon in Seattle! My bank account is in shock and I'm fairly certain I'll be exhausted for the next month or so, but this was certainly one for the books. (Ha. Get it?)


Certainly one of the highlights of the entire weekend was just HAPPENING to meet Robert Kirkman, the creator of The Walking Dead while dressed as a character he created. NO BIG DEAL AND I WASN'T COMPLETELY FREAKING OUT OR ANYTHING. But seriously, that was a big moment. And he was totally cool, signed both my 100 issue of Walking Dead and my homemade Lucille. I'll count that as a fangirl success story. 

This is Rhianna Negan not freaking out. (But totally freaking out.)


My biggest purchases were a fat stack of graphic novels from the Image booth, ones I've been dying to read for the past few months. I know I said I would vary the types of books I spotlight to review, but these babies are just begging for attention so the next few posts will be graphic novels. I'm sorry if that's not your thing and I promise I'll get to more genres after that! 

I'll leave you with two of my favorite pictures from this weekend. The kid's dad actually said "Act like you're about to hit him with the bat!" Things only heard at comic con.


Anywho, we'll be back to our regularly scheduled program soon! Thank you for sticking with me through the unintended hiatus. Happy reading!


No comments:

Post a Comment